Today I am going to attempt to provide a simple explanation of the difference between a male and female brain…
- Navigation – men depend more on context-dependent memory, but female depends more on spatial perception, motor control, attention, and episodic memory.
- the part of the brain that detects a threat has better power to evaluate in women than in men
- women have a stronger neural response to unambiguous visual threat signals
- microglia (cells that belong to the brain’s immune system) are more active in women, so they are more exposed to chronic pain than men
- women are more susceptible to mood disorders like depression and anxiety, and anorexia nervosa due to a more heightened activation of the prefrontal cortex
- males are more likely to have autism, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, conduct disorder, specific language impairment, Tourette syndrome, and dyslexia
Thank you for reading this weeks blog. If you enjoyed the read, feel free to leave a comment down below!